Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Author's Note - 100 reviews and top 7 suggestions!

I can’t believe that I have already posted my 100th review! What started off as a mere writing exercise has become a fun and amazing experience. I’ve had more hits on this blog than I ever expected and I’ve begun writing my own short stories in my free time, which was the entire point of this in the first place. I have also seen some great new horror films that I know I wouldn’t have otherwise. Having this blog is an incredible motivator to go out to Scarecrow Video and rent movies every week or scour Netflix for a film that fits the theme I’m working on. And I believe that it’s only proper that I now list the seven movies that I had not seen before this that I highly recommend anyone and everyone who loves a good horror movie to see at once!

1.”The Last Exorcism 2” – A strong sequel that keeps the viewer engaged.

2. “REC 3” – Breathes new life into a franchise and takes a serious movie and adds a little black comedy to keep things interesting.

3. “Grave Encounters” – A lower budget POV style film with some fun ghostly scares.

4. “The Bay” – Unique use of POV filmed vignettes that tell a haunting story.

5. “Angel Heart” – Perfect blending of film noir and horror genres, a true classic that I should have seen years ago.

6. “Atrocious” – On the same level of “Blair Witch” (which I love), a POV that is willing to show what happens after…

7. “Midnight Meat Train” – Great cast with a killer story adapted from one of my favorite authors.



I can’t wait to see what I get to see and review for my next 100 films!

No comments:

Post a Comment