Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Crowsnest (2012) #374

I'm a fan of the point of view, found footage sub-genre and so I'm willing to give most movies with this premise a chance even though these films are quickly running out of unique and interesting sceniores. "Crowsnest" is a film that has some unique moments that I hadn't seen before in a "found footage" movie but it also contained plenty of scenes I've seen before, which sadly slowed the film down and tested my patience. When the film was finished, I was left feeling slightly disappointed and wishing for an extra few scenes that could have made the movie truly unique and fresh. The actors and the characters they portrayed were all in their mid twenties/post college age and felt too similar and typical to really root and cheer for; as always, there's always the one character that has to spell out the coming doom and danger and does a super cheesy job of it. 

Without spoiling the unique scenes too much, I'll simply say that this film felt inspired by "The Blair Witch Project", "Wrong Turn", and a little bit of the original "Jeepers Creepers"  for excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment