Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Unfriended (2015). #418

I'm going to guess that most people won't like "Unfriended" very much, but there will be enough people who will think it's great; I'm honestly still undecided. For everyone who was turned off by the webcam only point of view, those who didn't want to watch a group of teens play on Facebook or instant messenger, your time is better spent watching something more action packed. For everyone else who enjoys a very slow burn, decent character development, and subtle reveals, "Unfriended" delivers quite nicely. After watching this movie I felt both cheated of my time and yet entertained. Dear reader, I'm still confused by my feelings...

I want to applaud the filmmakers efforts in trying something new but I also want to smack them around for making it so boring! Granted, the film eventually finds its pacing but the journey there is slow and painful (for the viewer). The second half of the film is actually fun to watch and after the first few deaths, the story really takes shape. The actors do a great job of being a group of annoying suburban teens. And the film's on screen special effects are minimal and its best that way. The story line itself is simple and only needed a stern editing for the first half.

Worth checking out if you enjoy ghost stories told in an unique way.



Not the most compelling stills from a movie





No comments:

Post a Comment