Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2014

The "V" Word (2006) #388

I must admit that I thought that the "V" word was going to be video games because that seemed like the focus at the opening of the this episode of "Masters of Horror". But I was wrong and halfway through the piece I realized that it stood for vampire, and I was sorely disappointed. The first half was unique and different; focusing on two friends who grow bored of playing video games and decide to find something more thrilling to do in real life, so they break into a funeral home and run quickly run into trouble. The second half wasn't nearly as interesting and readily fell into typical vampire territory, with one friend embracing the change while the other struggles. I was also disappointed with the small role the Michael Ironside was given, although he did a great job with the time he had.





No comments:

Post a Comment