Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Deadgirl (2008) #398

"Deadgirl" is a difficult film to watch due to the depraved nature of the story; two high school boys find a girl, who happens to be a zombie, tied up in an abandoned psychiatric hospital. The depravity comes in when one of the boys decides to have his way with the captive zombie, while the other boy decides to end their friendship when he decides that he doesn't want to sexually violate the living dead. While I can appreciate the fact that the director and producers of this film decided to explore this aspect of the zombie movie sub-genre and dared to be bold and different, I strongly feel that this story would be best served as a short story rather than as a movie. It may be deemed artistic by some but I was not entertained by this movie nor did I find it scary as a horror film. I did enjoy the secondary story between Rickie and Joann and I wish more time was spent on this dynamic and having the story about the "deadgirl" accent their relationship, opposite of what actually takes place precedent.



No comments:

Post a Comment