Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Author's Note - French Horror

From what I’ve seen of the French horror scene, I’m thoroughly impressed! These films have such raw emotion and dare to push the level of comfort (for the audience) to the edge. The one thing I’ve noticed between the few French films I’ve seen and American movies is that the violence and gore is explained and/or justified. The reasons may not be the best but at least they’re there. These movies know what they want to do; tell a story and push the limits and intensity of each scene by having the characters suffer through such extreme situations. The film “Martyrs”, which I’ve already reviewed, is a great example and the version I rented began with the director of the film both apologizing for his work as well as thanking the viewer for watching. He was very sincere and but knew exactly what he had created, a movie that some (or a lot) of people were not going to be able to watch from beginning to end. 

A taste of things to come.....


"Sheitan"


"Haute Tension"


" À l'intérieur"


"Mutants"


No comments:

Post a Comment