Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

Author's Note - Personal Favorites


The first theme week of my horror blog will be comprised of my top seven favorite horror movies of all time. These are the films that have not and will not grow old. These are the films that I know other people get excited about (sometimes). These are the films that in most cases have solid actors, respected directors and/or producers, and pretty decent writers. These seven movies either launched careers or reaffirmed the talent of those involved.

My seven favorite horror movies are –

Halloween (1978)
The Shining (1980)
The Thing (1982)
The Fly (1986)
Evil Dead 2 (1987)
Ginger Snaps (2000)
28 Days Later (2002)

I wonder if there is any significance in the fact that the majority of my favorites were made in the late 1970’s to the mid 1980’s? Certain movies that come out around the same time period often share a similar cultural reflection on what is happening in the real world but I’m not sure if this is the case here. Is there an important reason as too why I don’t have a favorite movie from the 1990’s? Most likely but the reason escapes me for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment