Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Author's Note - Space

“In space, no one can hear you scream”

Outer space is a prime environment for a horror movie for a few obvious reasons. First of all, it’s vast and endless and we have no idea what is out there or if there isn’t anything at all (that concept really scares me). Second, if you are out there in space, you are trapped with whatever you find…or what finds you. So fear of the unknown as well as enclosed, small spaces and/or otherwise hostile environments set the stage for a pretty harrowing adventure. And don’t think for a moment that life is made any easier if the alien force comes from space and visits us on Earth!


The problem of trying to commit a week to horror movies taking place in outer space or having to do with beings coming to Earth is that I want to avoid the films that fall into the Sci-fi category. I did have some trouble finding suitable movies but that is because I don’t remember several of the ones that qualify that I saw when I was much younger. I could have easily done a week in honor of “Visitors” but I wanted to include two of my favorite movies that almost made my top 7 favorites list. Please feel free to let me know of any great movies I may have overlooked or have yet to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment