Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Author's Note - The Werewolf

The werewolf was my favorite kind monster when I was little. It looked cool, had awesome powers, and few weaknesses. The idea of changing into a werewolf also had its appeal because you know, when you're little you don't think about how painful it is to have your bones break and reset and your skin stretched to its limits and so on. No wait, you do know this if you ever snuck a peek at the greatest werewolf transformation scene in cinematic history in "American Werewolf in London". I'm saving that one for tomorrow night when the moon is full. So to kick this week off properly I'll begin with the original "The Wolf Man"!

Werewolf movies seem to be few and far apart, at least when compared to movies involving vampires or zombies. Is it because a werewolf is to fast and powerful and typically has the intelligence level of a rapid animal unlike the massive mobs of zombies that you might at least have a chance against? Or is it because a werewolf isn't nearly as sexy as a vampire and when they appear side by side, they tend to look mangy and uncouth? Damn it, a werewolf can be clever and sexy... just in their own way! I still have faith that a superior werewolf movie is coming. But until then, I'm going to share some of my personal favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment